Friday, May 15, 2009

Day Five

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Don't know how they manage it but right from 2001 onwards i.e. from the time I've been carrying a mobile, the phone companies have been successful in cheating me, not once but four times. Again come the time to take a new connection, they will most probably succeed. Last month Vodafone billed me for some other plan and I was like chalta hai it must have been a honest glitch in the software. But when it happened again and I called them up to fix it 'again,' they were like that plan no longer exists and we automatically changed you to this plan!! Hello you change my plan without my permission and don't even bother to tell me, is it for real?

To cut a long story short the plan they were offering me was like manna for a person in a desert and the one they changed to was quite the opposite, still the gall they have is beyond me and still am not able to come out of it. And this is the country whose economy has boomed on the shoulders of service sector. Gawd help those people getting serviced.

The day was not all that exciting because half the day I spent calling the phone company and basically the people attending your calls are as stupid as an arse, literally. Don't know how they motivate themselves to do such a thankless job is beyond me. Myself in such a kind of a job would probably end up committing suicide or killing the person next to me within one month. It's not their mistake too as that is what they are being paid to do and maybe some where down the line the companies need to give them some sort of an encouragement by providing them means to pass the buck onto the bozos who really take the decisions, which effect regular customers like us. These bozos deserve all the anger that we show on the frontline executives.

Oh yeah! went to Atta market and got myself something. Self-indulgence it ain't, but still deep down I think I do deserve it.

2 comments: